The animated fountain is the centerpiece of Ferris Plaza, a renovated park that occupies one city block in downtown Dallas. Originally designed by Architect George Dahl and opened in 1925, the park was renovated in 2004 to refurbish the fountain and add greenery and brick walkways.
To renovate the dynamic fountain, and yet keep the original structure intact, Delta Fountains provided new plumbing and pump systems and a new control panel that allowed for operation of pumps, lights, wind control and water level. With innovative technology, Delta Fountains was able to provide added animation schemes not initially designed. All pump systems, water makeup and controls were housed in a newly installed subterranean vault.